Thursday, February 28, 2008

Our trip to the zoo and then some...


On my day off this week I thought I would spend a day with my niece and 2 nephews by taking them to the zoo. (It was free Wednesday!!) I was able to get my sister to let Isac play hooky from school so he could come too. We seriously had so much fun!!!! I haven't had that much fun with them in so long. Emily and Sam were both really good while we were there...they didn't get too excited about anything until we went into the Reptile house. They both really liked it in there. Sam really like the Black footed cat they had and Emily loved the huge turtles. She actually reached her hand through the net and touched it on it's nose!! I am so glad that I had Isac there to help me keep an eye on both of them, I dont know how I would have survived without him. After our long afternoon at the zoo, we had to go back up to my house before I took them home and, of course, they didnt want to leave once we were there. So we stayed for a little while and enjoyed tearing apart my bed making pillow forts, watching Curious George, and eating some bacon. I still couldnt get them to want to go home so i bribed them into getting in the car with hamburgers from McDonalds and a trip to the park. By this time, we were all pooped after such a long, active day. I really enjoyed spending so much time with them and getting to see more of their cute personalities. It is funny b/c rather than wishing that I had kids of my own by the end of the day I was convinced that I want to wait a long time and just enjoy being the superstar aunt a little longer. I love them all so much and I dont know how my own kids will be as cute as them. Sam definately won the cute award for the day. We were at the park eating and I said, "Oh man, it's cold out here" and Sam says, "Don't worry, Dawn-Dawn, I keep you warm" and he wrapped his little arms around me. Just thinking about it gets me all choked up....thanks Amy and Jenni for letting them spend the day with me, you guys are so lucky to have them.

4 comments:

darce said...

What a fun aunt you are! Sounds like a good time. I'm going to have to figure out when the free days are at the zoo. That is awesome!

Jamie said...

Hi Arin! I am finding all sorts of people in the ward tonight. Just wanted to say hello and what a cute blog you have! ;)

Sarah said...

You are such a cute aunt! I have a sister who does the same things with my girls. I love it! Aunts fill a spot in kids lives that no one else can, not even their moms. Way to go!

T.J., Lindsay, Drew, and Cameron Stevens said...

You sound like the BEST aunt ever! I bet those kids just love you! Cute blog...still can't get over those A-MAZING wedding photos.