Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sisterly Love...

Well, even though I hardly got to see Troy this past weekend, I had one of the best weekends I have had in a long time. We kicked it off Friday night when my sisters were able to get a night away from their kids for Amy's birthday. The stars must have been aligned just perfectly because when we met up, this is what we looked like... ...a little embarrassing, but funny at the same time. We spent the evening doing some kid-free shopping at Old Navy, Famous Footwear, and of course, the mall; followed by a late dinner at Noodles & Company where we stayed until almost an hour after they closed. We didnt even realize it until the workers started leaving...Oops! Then we headed over to the Marriott so they could enjoy a good nights sleep, but we just couldnt pass up the oppurtunity to spend half the night talking and laughing. We finally went to sleep around 1:30 so we could get at least 6 hours of sleep before having to get up and get ready for a relaxing day at the spa...

Amy was the lucky one of the day, her husband went all out and got her a well deserved full day of pampering. I am so glad that we had the chance to spend the night together and I really hope that Ryan and Pete are willing to be "mom" again sometime soon so we can have another chance to touch base with our true selves and feel like home again.

"A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. "

3 comments:

whitney holland. said...

How fun is that, a weekend with the girls and better yet your sisters! I love spending time with my mom and my sister..lots of laughs and lots of girl talk!

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

We had so much fun...I think with everything said and done it was my best birthday ever!! Big thanks to you and Jen for the part you played in it and I am all for it becoming a tradition.

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

We had so much fun...I think with everything said and done it was my best birthday ever!! Big thanks to you and Jen for the part you played in it and I am all for it becoming a tradition.