Sunday, February 3, 2008

Am I really starting to love the snow?

This is the first year of the 8 I have lived in Utah that I have actually enjoyed the winter. For the first time, when I see the snow instead of thinking, cold, wet, dangerous, annoying...I actually get HAPPY! Troy bought me skis last year right before we got married and this year I have really become addicted to it. We have honestly gone night skiing once a week since it started snowing. I absolutely love it! After a few minor set backs, we went skiing Friday night with our friends Ty & Holly. It was alot of fun. I had my first experience in like 2 feet of fresh powder and I pretty much rolled down the hill my first time down, but it was still so much fun b/c it was like rolling down a huge pillow. You can hear Holly making fun of me if you check out her blog. But I think her getting stuck on the lift and them having to stop it for her to get off was alot more fun to watch. Here are a few pics from our night...We spent Saturday lounging around and watching President Hinkley's funeral all day, but we had to make time to bring the puppies down to the park by our house. I know that most of you probably think it is weird to love our dogs like our children, but they are all we have to love for now. :) They just love playing in the snow and they are so much fun to watch especially after a fresh powdery snow. I wanted to show all my friends and family in Oklahoma all the snow that is piling up here so I thought I would snap a few pics of the dogs playing, too. I know, they aren't as cute as most of the posts of everyone's adorable kids, but here they are...
I am getting some big muscles from shoveling the driveway so much!! :)

Can't you just see the pure joy on Ruger's face in this picture. It is so funny to me...Oh and I also have to give a shout out to the New York Giants! Yay for the underdog! I love to see teams like the Patriots lose!

7 comments:

Maria said...

Arin -
that is so funny. It is indeed a very small world! I'm glad you found my blog before I "secured" it. Anyway - my sister, Malinda, had such a huge crush on Ryan Harvey in High School. lol. You're wedding pic is beautiful at the top of your blog. I'd love to get to know you better as well. Please let me know how Braxton is doing in church. I know I talked to Kristin Barrus about some issues ... so, I should probably sit down and talk with you as well. Just please let me know - he really hated Primary for quite a while, so I was a bit concerned. Talk to you later!

Zach and Erika said...

I'm glad you found my blog. It's so fun to see everyones pics and your blog is super cute. I love seeing your wedding pics! I'll be checking in on ya!
Erika

Brooke said...

I am glad someone is enjoying the snow! My arms feel like they are going to fall off from shoveling my driveway. I am trying to talk Todd into looking for a job somewhere it doesn't snow. I hope you approve my comments even though they are negative.

whitney holland. said...

I took your advice about Wolf Mountain and we headed up there on Saturday for some skiing and snowboarding! We actually had a great time! Oh and guess what, we are not your visiting teachers anymore :( We got new assignments on Sunday...

whitney holland. said...

NO WAY that is for sure not the case! Everybody LOVES you..including me and Roz, we are sad that we don't get to visit teach you anymore. But we still need to hang out! Brighton is my favorite..I will have to talk to Phil and see if he is up for it!

Dana Marie said...

Mountains.... I'm jealous!!

Kimberly said...

I really need to learn to ski because I still dread every time it snows. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun.