Thursday, February 21, 2008

That crazy flu...

So, I put a new poll because it seems like everyone is sick right now with the flu and I just wonder how many of the people that are sick either had a flu shot or did not have a flu shot. I personally have never had a flu shot and I have never had the flu so I didnt see the point in getting one this year when everyone told me I should. I am not anti-flu shot, I think I was just too lazy to do it. So I guess I am just wondering if I should be worried about getting it this year or if people who got the shot are still getting sick? So, if you have been sick or have know anyone that has been sick, please vote on the poll just to humor my curiosity. I know this post has just been one big ramble so I'm sorry if I don't make any sense. :)

And yes, I do realize that I am doomed to get the flu now after saying I have never had it...

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

I have never had the real flu - I get "flu"-like symptoms every year but it's usually just a cold. My mom, however, being the hypochondriac that she is - gets the flu every year :) with or without the shot.

Ty and Holly said...

I never get the flu shot and I get the flu every once in a while, not too much. It's the sinus and bronchitis infections I get more during the cold seasons.

Sarah said...

I share your confusion about the flu shot! I have had a flu shot before, but not this year. I never have had the real 'influenza'. Each year, it seems like they say later on that the flu virus morphed and the shot was ineffective. You have to have better odds than that to convince me to get stuck year after year!

Kimberly said...

I've never had the flu shot and usually don't get the flu. My two youngest kids got the flu shot this year and they still got the "para-influenza" virus that is going around. My other two kids, who didn't get the shot, got it too. So I think it doesn't matter if you got the shot or not, you may just get it.