Monday, June 21, 2010

A little sad

I had my first real dose of "home sickness" this weekend. My sister and her family stopped in Boise for a couple of days on their way to Oregon. Stockton LOVED having 2 of his cousins to play with. He was so happy both days he woke up and they were still here. We took them to the Cherry Festival and he rode his very first carnival ride with Sam and Will. He had a blast. He loved it so much that his Uncle Pete went and bought him more tickets so he could ride again, but he refused to ride it without his cousins, I guess that is what made it so much fun for him. It was so cute. I wish I had the pictures to post, but they are on my sister's camera. The rest of the weekend was spent just following them around and rough housing with each other. It is funny how if he falls down on his own he comes crying to Mommy, but when he is thrown to the ground wrestling with his cousins, then it is the funniest thing in the world. I guess boys are just weird like that...

On Saturday after they left, we went to a neighborhood park that has water fountains for the kids to play in. We have gone a couple of times, but normally we are the only ones there. Going on a hot Saturday afternoon, that wasnt the case. There were alot of families there and tons of little kids running through the water. I got really sad seeing Stockton just stand there looking lost watching the other kids run around having fun. I couldnt help but think that if he had any of his cousins there with him, that he would have been so happy chasing them around. I am very close to my sisters and I knew that I would be sad about him not seeing his cousins on an almost daily basis, but this was the first time I have dealt with it first hand. I hope there is still a way they will all be able to be best friends with each other and that we will see them enough that he wont forget them.

It was a sad realization to know that I am really his only friend everyday and lets face it, I am not that fun. On the bright side, he will have a little brother soon so lets cross our fingers that they will love each other as much as I am planning on. :)

3 comments:

Ganny said...

Glad ya'll (OKIE) had a good time. Withdrawals ain't no fun. Remember I had them when you guys all left. It is going to be another hot day here.

katwalk said...

guess you guys had fun talked to Jen and she was missing you just the same. I'm sure that Stockton and baby will be best buddy

bamatamb said...

Oh, they will be so close! They will love each other so much and play so well together. And then, 2 minutes later they'll be fighting, crying, and making each other bleed. (sigh...)