Monday, June 28, 2010

Camping Weekend

We spent this past weekend camping with Troy's family. His brother took us to a beautiful place a few hours away. It was quite the drive, but definately worth the trip especially since this will probably be the only chance we get to go camping this year. Between moving into our house and having Baby Boy, I dont know if we will get to go again. I know I have said it a hundred times, but Stockton is definately going to be a mountain man. He is 100% boy and it is showing more and more. His favorite thing right now is definately riding four wheelers. If it seems like all of our pictures are of him on the four wheeler, that is because that is where he was ALL weekend! If we werent on a ride, he was sitting on it pretending he was driving. We went on a 40 mile ride and when we got back, he still cried because he wanted to keep going. I loved watching him and Dad riding together, it just melts my heart seeing them do things together. He is lucky to have a Daddy that loves him so much. They were best friends all weekend. My weekend was full of "stay away from me" looks and crying anytime I would try and hold him. I sure felt like I had been replaced. I guess I can deal with that from time to time since I know how much he really needs me.


This is the treatment I got most of the weekend.

Here is Stockton and Troy's "Forrest Gump" picture.

Here is an example of the "Mom, you better stay away from look" that he mastered over the weekend.

I finally got a picture of him giving his goofy toothy grin, but of course it is blurry. You can see his little chicklets a little bit. :)

3 comments:

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

Love the Gump pic, the dirty look, and of course the Chic-lets! We miss him!

Ganny said...

Now that looked like too much fun for a little guy. I can tell he loved every minute, that is until you held him. Way tooooo cute. He IS lucky to have good parents.

katwalk said...

looks like fun...still worried about bears..Stockton would just make for a snack..so you better tell Troy or Scott..to watch out for the bears and have their guns ready..he is all boy that is for sure. love him hugging the 4 wheeler...