Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pete's Post

For those of you who dont know, my sister's husband, Pete, played a very nasty joke on all of us a few months back and almost died. Luckily, not only is he still with us, but he has made an almost full recovery. We have all seen the changes in him after his experience, the deeper love for his wife and kids and all the people around him. It has been refreshing to see this softer side of him again, even if it has taken some getting used to. Sorry Pete, you had gotten a little rough around the edges over the years. :) Anyways, he recently made a post on his blog called, The Spiritual Me. I thought it was a great post and wanted to share it with anyone that may be interested. I don't know that I want to go into a big long post about my thoughts on the balance of religion and spirituality, but I really enjoyed this insight into his thoughts as they are things that I reflect on regularly. It is nice to know that I'm not the only one. Maybe one of these days, I will have the time to blog a little more about my own thoughts on the issue.

2 comments:

bamatamb said...

Thanks for sharing that. I struggle a lot with some of those same feelings; especially when I hear people talk about temple marriage and how it's the only way for families to be together after death. My parents weren't married in the temple, so I'm not sealed to them, but I know without a doubt that they WILL be together again, and I will be with them too. Our Heavenly Parents love us too much to keep us apart.

I totally agree with Pete that it's the character of a person (not necessarily their religious affiliation) that make them a good person. I've seen a lot of mean, hateful things from people in our church over the last few years, and it really bugs me.

Anyway, thanks for sharing this. :)

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

I also enjoyed his post and am always a little surprised at what is going on inside that head of his!