Thursday, October 29, 2009

Yes, we are still alive

Here is the Stockton update for the last few months.
Troy's brother gave Stockton this chair. It is the same chair that all of them grew up sitting in at their grandparents house. I thought it was a pretty cool thing for him to have now. He absolutely loves it. He will just sit in it with the biggest grin on his face and rock back and forth and then turn around and smile at the bear's face. The eyes kind of freak me out when I go into his room at night because they reflect the light from his night light and that's the first thing I see when I walk in.
He still loves taking baths. I think he would stay in the tub all day if I let him.


He has always sported the "hand in the light socket" hair style, but it started to get a little out of control.So, we decided to give him his first haircut. The sides and back are little more controled now, but I dont think there is anything we can do to keep the top from sticking up.
He loves playing in his crib before and after his naptime. It is nice because even after he wakes up, I know that I still have a good 15 minutes before he is ready for me to get him.
He has learned how to pull himself up on the sides. We need to lower his mattress down, but havent gotten around to it yet.

He has 5 teeth now with the 6th starting to poke through. This isnt the best picture but it turns out it isnt very easy to get a picture of all of this teeth at the same time. It was impossible to include his bottom ones, too.
One of his other favorite things is the vacuum cleaner. I think one of his favorite activities is vacuuming the floor. It takes me twice as long to do it now that he likes to chase the vacuum cleaner.
He is starting to go through a Mommy phase. He gets really clingy to me when we are around new people. I wish he wouldnt be so shy, but at the same time I love being his source of comfort.
He is really turning into a Daddy's boy, too. He loves spending time with Dad which is nice for me because then I can get more stuff done. I am lucky to have Troy to give me so much extra time for myself.
Dad's been taking him to car shows.
Teaching him how to work in the garage.
And, teaching him how to ride the skateboard just like him.

The latest development is that Stockton has learned how to crawl this past week!!! Every day he gets faster and faster! This video is from the early stages, he is now a pro!

5 comments:

katwalk said...

I'm glad your alive I just love that baby boy on the board with his board outfit he is so cute didn't know troy was a skateboarder

Charity said...

He is really a cutie!!

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

That chair would freak me out a little

Ganny said...

urtiThe chair is something. I have never seen one like it. Sounds like everyone is busy at your house.

Brooke said...

He's growing up so fast! So cute.