Thursday, October 8, 2009

It's Official...I am a Mother

Stockton has been sick. He puked all over the place several times yesterday evening. Two of those times required baths. Not only for the mess, but the bath tub seemed to be the only place he was happy. He was happily splashing when I noticed a log floating in the water and when I looked for its source, I noticed another one on its way out. This I could have handled with only a minor freak out. But when the solid logs turned to chunky, mucusy diarrhea, I lost it. Troy was out working in the garage and when I called him freaking out to come in, of course he told me I could handle it on my own. So as I am standing there frantic with a panic attack on the verge of puking, Stockton is staring at me wondering what all the fuss is about. I wont go into all the details, but I did survive. The toys, tub, and Stockton all came out clean and sanitary. I have always said I would much rather deal with the teenage years than having to clean up vomit, poop, and pee for years and years and last night reaffirmed that for me. Thank you Stockton for my Official Motherhood Initiation.

2 comments:

Scott and Lori said...

I love this story!! I have dealt with the brown submarines in my kids younger years but you have me beat on this one....I will happily give you the crown on this one, queen mommy:)

katwalk said...

you haven't gotten to the teenage years yet you'll be looking back to those poop pee vomiting days and remembering how sweet those younger years were oh don't forget teenagers throw up too and they eat more