Monday, July 7, 2008

Quasimodo Lives!

So, 7-7 has been a really lucky day for us...first, we had our 4-way walk through of our house. It is completely framed and all the electrical and plumbing is done, now they can start sheet rocking this week, YAY! This is the only pic I got before my camera died... To celebrate the progress of the house, we went out for our first Tepanyaki experience with some good friends of ours. It was SO GOOD!! I can't wait to eat my leftovers! And it was so funny to watch Kelly get all kinds of food thrown at her. Next, we got our neighbors mattress sold for her and then, even better, we SOLD our Toyota! YAY! It looks like we might be able to buy our new house after all!
And now for the fun part of the day...as I was standing watching Troy and this other guy load the mattress I was attacked in the face by what I believe was a killer wasp. It stung me twice right underneath my eye. I have never been stung by a wasp before and I have never understood why everyone freaks out and gets so paranoid when one flies by. I also thought, if you just leave it alone, it wont bother you, right? Well, it wasn't so bad getting stung when it just looked like this... But then it turned into this...



Do you see a resemblance?




6 comments:

Ty and Holly said...

Oh my gosh Arin!!! I'm happy about the house and car but I'm kind of laughing about the wasp sting...ouch!!! I'm so sorry. I can't believe how swollen your face is! I need to show Ty this....

The Johnson Crew said...

WOW!! That is really sad, I'm so sorry! Yeah for the house though, it's going to be really nice.

Vanderlinden Clan said...

you should've shared the good news first so we could've left with a positive feeling. I still can't believe those are original pictures! It doesn't even resemble you!! I'm glad that the worst of it was just distorting your face. Definitely an eye-opener to me to be more aware of others around me who do have a real deformity.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness Arin. I wouldn't have even recognized you!! I'd say you'd better keep a good supply of Benadryl on hand. That is horrible. I think you swell up worse than Scott does. Marissa thought this was pretty funny. May your swelling go down quickly.

Brooke said...

Ouch! I bet that hurt. I can't believe your face got so swollen. Your house is looking good. Sounds exciting!

Ganny said...

Your house looks great, but you look awful!!!!! You are indeed highly allergic to stings. be careful and cautious. Eddie has been stung on two occasions recently, but used his kit that he keeps on hand all the time. Love ganny