Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I can't believe we actually did it...


Well, it's official we went and signed papers last night on our new house we will be building out in Hooper. I know, it's a shock, huh? We seriously must be crazy! We are both really excited about it, but are not looking forward to the whirlwind we are about to go through with all the changes. We will be renting out our current house so if any of you know anyone who is looking for a house to rent in Kaysville let us know. We have already listed it and have been getting a TON of interest so I'm sure it will go fast. The projected move in date we are shooting for is May 1st. Amy, you better start clearing out your basement for us and let Troy know when he can help Ryan finish the bathroom. It's really happening!!! The house we are building is actually the same as the model home in the picture I posted, it should be completed in August. We thought this was a good investment for us while we have two incomes and no kids so we can sit on the equity of both houses for a few years before we move to Idaho and settle down. It's funny because I have just been so excited about it until last night when we were out there, I realized that there are actually people that I will miss here! I hadnt even thought about that yet in the midst of my excitement. Thank goodness for blogging, right?! :)

15 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so sad! You will definitely be missed. I'm really excited for you, though! You guys are really smart to do that now. I think you will really like Hooper, too! Hopefully, you will keep up your blog, so we can stay in touch!

Texas Boy + SLC Girl said...

That is so dang exciting arin!!! Way to go! Your new house looks so BEAUTIFUL!!!

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

I can't believe you actually did it!!! Aren't you suppose to tell your family before you go do something like that? We better get busy on the basement. Ryan has already been thinking hard about our options with the bathroom...so exciting....

T.J., Lindsay, Drew, and Cameron Stevens said...

what! sad, but sooo exciting! Will you're new house look like the one in the picture? I'm so happy for you guys!

Jamie said...

Wow! Awesome! I am sad you are leaving though...who is going to be my VT now?! I would be excited too. That is a beautiful home.

Ty and Holly said...

Ty and I are totally coming to hang out at your new house! You guys have a ton of exciting things going on...and Lake Mead! How fun!

Ganny said...

Hey sounds great. I need a house that big. I could have thread and fabric in every room. ganny

Rozalyn said...

I can't believe you are moving ant so fast! We will miss you!
Here is that frosting recipe.
4 tbsp. butter, 2 c. coconut, 8 oz. cream cheese, 2 tsp. milk, 3 1/2 c. confectioners' sugar, 1/2 tsp. vanilla.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet. Add 2 cups coconut; stir constantly until golden brown. Spread coconut on paper towels to cool. Cream 2 tablespoons butter with cream cheese. Add milk and sugar alternately, beating well. Add vanilla; stir in 1 3/4 cups of the coconut. Spread on tops and sides of cake. Sprinkle with remaining coconut.
I talked to my mom about that tv and she said that they want to sell it but they just don't know for how much yet. I will let you know when they get it all figured out.

The Johnson Crew said...

Aaron and I both are surprised! You guys are so cute and I wish we could have gotten to know each other better. We wish you the best in your new home. It is beautiful!

whitney holland. said...

Arin I am way sad that you guys are moving! You guys are cute and so much fun! I miss visiting you every month, but hopefully we will still have game nights and date nights with all us folks that are still kidless! The house is BEAUTIFUL, you will love it! Depending on Phil's knee we may have a date night on Saturday! I will blog about the knee later today!

Rozalyn said...

Hey Arin,
I talked to my parents and they said that it is still in really good shape and they would sale the tv for $450.00. If that sounds ok or not ok let me know either way.

Jenn J. said...

Wait, you can't move! We love having you guys here. I'm excited for you guys though. Your house looks beautiful. Good luck with all the details of everything... and don't forget about the little people over here!! :) We will miss you.

Heather said...

Um, hello?! When did this happen? Our street will miss you guys but your new home looks gorgeous! Congrats!

Rozalyn said...

I think I might have someone that is interested in renting your house. It is Farrell Helm's son. Farrell is in our ward. I gave her your number, I hope that is ok.

Kimberly said...

Congratulations on the new house, it looks beautiful! How much are you going to be renting your current one for? We have some friends who are looking to rent a home around that time frame.