Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Troy

So, we spent this past weekend celebrating Troy's 29th birthday. (I know, he is old) It was a really fun weekend. Friday night we went skiing. It was fun learning how to ski and watching Troy show off how good he is. Troy wanted to have a relaxing birthday so on Saturday we slept in and then went to a late breakfast at Sill's Cafe in Layton. Then we spent the afternoon lazing around and watching movies. I surprised him with a court time at Lagoon tennis where my dad and sister met us to play doubles. We had so much fun! We really need to do that more often. We finished up the night with a movie, August Rush. I think Troy really enjoyed a relaxing day off for his birthday. As a tribute to his 29 years, I thought I would make a list of 29 reasons why I love being married to my Troy (in no particular order, of course):1. He is my best friend. I can't think of anyone else that I would want to spend everyday with.
2. I admire his courage to change his life to be a better man.
3. He always builds me up to other people.
4. He is loyal.
5. He is a wholesome person who only wants to do good.
6. He likes to cuddle with me
7. He lets me fall asleep on his chest every night
8. He tells me he loves me all the time
9. He plays all my stupid games even though I know they annoy him
10. He gives the best, most thoughtful presents
11. He surprised me with the sweetest puppy in the world for Valentine's Day even though he didnt want another dog.
12. He holds my hand while we are driving in the car
13. He puts his arm around me while we are sitting in church
14. He always kisses me goodbye even when he is just going outside
15. He always touches me even when we are laying on 2 different parts of the couch
16. He shares his interests with me so I can enjoy them too (tennis, skiing, camping)
17. He is an awesome uncle
18. He loves his family more than anything in the world
19. He has a true and genuine testimony of Jesus Christ and his gospel
20. He always makes me laugh
21. He has really nice legs
22. He tells me that I look pretty
23. He tries to make me feel better when he knows I am self conscience about something
24. He always drives when we are going somewhere together
25. He loves me even though he has seen sides of me that no one else has
26. He is down to earth and doesn't care about having more than everyone else
27. He calls me when he is on his way home everyday
28. He likes spending time with my family
29. He is going to be the best dad in the world to our kids

Thank you Troy for making it so easy to love you...

3 comments:

Vanderlinden Clan said...

wow, aren't you lucky!! Troy is such a perfect fit in our family. we enjoyed helping him celebrate his birthday. I hope he has been enjoying his new cd!

Leeshie Lou said...

Sounds like you two had a GREAT time for Troy's special day!~ I LOVED Texas girl! I miss it already! Ry and I have talked about living there for good!... Have a GREAT weekend!

Ty and Holly said...

I'm glad to hear that Troy has good legs :) A lot of those things remind me of Ty too...we have great husbands don't we :) Happy Birthday Troy! I'm glad you married Arin!!! You guys make a great and fun couple. Let's plan a ski date!