Tuesday, February 15, 2011

This really is the good life

Tonight while doing the dishes, listening to good music, I was actually thinking about all the reasons why my life is so good, rather than my usual internal whine fest.  So I thought I would take a minute to jot down some of my thoughts so I could remember them the next time I want to give my kids away, the next time I want everything that I dont need, the next time I am missing my friends and family, and the next time I am thinking that everyone else has it so much better than me.

These are some things that I need to remember everyday that I am so lucky to have:

-Two beautiful, healthy baby boys that make me smile everyday
-A husband that loves me and allows me to be who I am
-Two sisters that I can talk to about anything and they still have no choice but to like me anyways.
-Telephones and the internet that allow me to talk to my family and friends whenever I want.
-A beautiful home that is bigger and nicer than anyone would ever need.
-Enough money to be able to stay home with my children
-My health
-Plenty of food to eat everyday
-Running water and all of the conveniences that us spoiled Americans take for granted everyday
-The opportunity to experience living in a new place and meeting new people
-The knowledge that no matter how down I feel sometimes, things could always be much much worse