Tuesday, February 22, 2011

More growing up

I swear just in the last week these 2 boys have grown up so much...

Logan is sitting up all by himself without falling over and has learned to roll all over the floor in an effort to get toys that he wants.  I worry about the day this boy becomes mobile.  I think we will have our hands full in comparison to Stockton as a baby.  He has also started reaching for Mommy, it is so sweet.

Stockton just started talking overnight.  He will repeat pretty much anything you ask him to say and now the list of words he says is too long for me to even remember.  I have been worried about him being delayed, but now that he is talking so much, I just want him to stop.  Its kind of means that he isn't a baby anymore, doesn't it?  Some new things/words he has been doing the last few days.

-Buzz
-"Mo" (Remote)
-"Dee-Doo" (Thank You)
-"Doo-Doo" (Choo Choo)
-"Baa" (Pull)
-On
-Doggy
-Hi
-Bye
-"Weema" and "Grandma"
-"Peas" (Please)
-"Nana" (banana)
-Bowl
-I have been trying to encourage him to ask nicely for things (say Please), but instead of saying please he does the sign for Nice.  It is pretty cute.
-He has been watching a video called, Letter Factory (thanks Michonne), that teaches him his letters and their sounds.  I am amazed at how fast he is picking it up.  He loves it and wants to watch it everyday instead of Toy Story.  Tonight while he was taking a bath, he picked up the letter "S" and said "Sssss".  I was so impressed that I decided to test him on his other letters and was pleasantly surprised with how many he knew.  I was happy, but also almost felt like a lousy parent that he learned it from a video and not from me.  Oh well, I guess I should just be happy that he is watching those types of videos rather than mindless cartoons, right?

Stockton was nice enough tonight to let Logan play with his little Woody tonight before bed.  

You can tell Logan is studying his every move to make sure he knows how to play with it correctly.


Even after his lesson, he is still thinking, "Am I doing this right?"

4 comments:

bamatamb said...

Your boys are darling--those pictures with Woody are sweet. Just wait until Logan can talk too and he copies everything Stockton says--they love their big sibs so much! And I'm really glad that Stockton is liking Letter Factory--isn't it awesome!? Don't ever feel bad that a video helped teach him. You'll reinforce it all the time by things YOU do; the video is just a fun way for them to start learning! :)

Brooke said...

Your boys are so cute! The Letter Factory is gold. I'm sure that's where my boys learned their letters :)

katwalk said...

aahh those two are so cute. That serious look of Stockton cracks me up..It's fun that Stockton is sharing his things. I think that Logan is wondering way his woody doesn't have a ring to pull. but I see that he has his hat I know he will learn that is important. glad I have Stockton on video saying weema and the surprising grandma thrown in with out promptings. but I think that means he made the connection of who I am to him..

Sarah said...

They are cute boys. So you don't feel too bad - Avery has done a few things that I know we didn't teach her and she could have only learned from Dora or Diego. I might have to check out this Letter Factory video, haha!