Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I am a lover of Superheroes

My love of comic book movies and Superheroes has really been on the surface lately. I think it is due mostly to my new found love of Ironman, which I am going to see for the 3rd time later today! Its funny how Ironman can go from not even being on my list to being in my top 3 favorite superheroes of all time list, right behind Superman and Batman, of course. Anyways, as I was laying in bed yesterday literally from the time I got off work until I started work again this morning, Batman Begins came on TV and how could I not watch it? This, obviously, only fed my impatience for the release of the upcoming Batman movie, The Dark Knight. It also brought up the question, of who has been the best Batman? If you would have asked me this 10 years ago, of course I would have said Val Kilmer hands down because when I was a teenager I was seriously obsessed with Batman Forever when it came out. However, I have really grown to love Christian Bale as Batman. It probably helps that he is in a few other movies that I love, The Prestige, 310 to Yuma, and of course, Newsies. So what do all of you think? Is there even a competition between Michael Keaton, George Clooney, Val Kilmer, and Christian Bale? Of course, since I wasnt around in 1966, Adam West will not be a part of my poll, but if you were then great, just leave a comment and show us all how old school you are. :)

And as a special treat, enjoy the preview of The Dark Knight. Release Date: July 18

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

I love this post - mostly because I am a lover of comic book movies too! But then, you knew that already. ;) I voted for Christian Bale, hands down! If you would have asked me 10 years ago I would have said Michael Keaton, but in comparison Michael is just way, way too nice of a Batman. He doesn't even have a dark side and really isn't that the essence of Batman? How he is able to help so many innocent people despite his ever present dark side.

I'm so glad we can bond over Batman. :)

Leeshie Lou said...

Oh my we are so so so excited to see this! I LOVE the previews too! Um it comes out a day after we get maried so maybe we can see it on our honeymoon!

Dana Marie said...

Christian Bale *swoons* he had me since Newsies!

And a random aside, i went to the book store and got New Moon, and since I was there I picked up Eclipse so I wouldn't have to panic not having it. August sounds like a long time to wait for the 4th one. thanks for giving me a new addiction lol!

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

You're weird, but I guess the world needs all kinds. J/K! You can like whatever you want.

Kimberly said...

I think Christian Bale has definitely been the best Batman by far. But I have to admit, I've always thought Val Kilmer is hot!