Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Our Summer in review: July

Time to continue my game of catch up...

July, of course, started out with the 4th of July.  This has always been my very favorite holiday, if for no other reason now than a celebration of everything Summer.  We went to the Melba parade in the morning with Troy's brother's family and then hung out and had a BBQ with some friends and neighbors.  It was a pretty awesome day and just looking at the pictures makes my heart swell.


I don't know what was up with Sarah's camera, but whatever setting she had it on made the pics this color.  For some reason, I think it looks kinda cool.


Apparently, I am a much better mother during the summer because we were doing all kinds of fun stuff every day.  Now I feel like our days are spent just waiting for each one to end so the next one can begin.  Maybe I just hate cold winters.  
 Throwing paint eggs on the patio in our underwear.

Playing in the sprinklers was a daily activity.

Swimming at Eagle Island

Swimming Lessons

 Stockton had his first experience sneaking into my nail polish and painting his toe nails.  Can you tell that he got in trouble for it?  He did a pretty good job and only got a SMALL spot on our closet carpet.  Lucky.

The boys got their new big boy bed and it was pretty much the coolest thing ever.

I got to spend 4 nights away at Girls Camp.  One of the days all the leaders got to go wake boarding and surfing.  It was seriously a vacation for me and I loved being around teenage girls all day everyday.  Made me feel young and free again.

 We went camping and the boys did what they do best: Get Dirty.  It sure makes for some cute pictures.






Apparently 4-wheeler rides are the most relaxing thing ever.



Posting these pictures in 2 degree weather literally makes my heart ACHE for summer and camping and sunshine.  Now I am depressed.  I guess that's what I get for being such a procrastinator.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Haha

katwalk said...

what fun...love the color setting picture. at 1st I thought everyone was dressed to match.2 degrees oh I'm glad to be where I'm at...cold but not that cold lowest has been 24 as a night low..I LOVE summer just 2 months 3 days until spring