Thursday, January 27, 2011

Goodbye my friend.

I am actually a little sad to announce that Stockton went to sleep for the first time without his pacifier tonight.  I am relieved that it was an easier weaning process than I anticipated, but sad to think this is a sign that he is turning into a big boy instead of my little baby.  It was time though.  He was starting to drive me crazy about it.  He has been pretty good at only having it for bedtime and in the car, but lately he has been asking for it CONSTANTLY.  And then when I dont give it to him or I have to take it away from him, he throws a royal temper tantrum.  I happened to read somewhere that if you cut a hole in it, then they will eventually lose interest because it isnt soothing to them anymore.  I did that on Wednesday and anytime he asked for it, I gave it to him. And it worked!  He just didnt really want it anymore.  It was great because I didnt have to fight him on it!  It's like he realized on his own that he didnt want it!  Tonight when I put him to bed, he took it out of him mouth, handed it to me, and went to sleep!  That is nothing short of a miracle in my opinion.  So it is with sadness and relief that I say my final farewell to the days of the paci.  Although, I am sure I will miss my friend during temper tantrums at the grocery store...SIGH.....

3 comments:

Ganny said...

Oh my gosh, I can not imagine Stockton throwing a temper tantrum.

kcooke said...

That is impressive! If my next baby has a problem I will have to try that trick :)

Vanderlinden Clan said...

ahhh, it's too bad we can't keep them little 4ever. thank goodness though it has been an easy transition. i wouldn't have expected anything less from perfect little stockton... i'm sure you know what i mean. :)