Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Since we've been home

Since we've been home...

*I dont feel as skinny as I did when we left the hospital
*I feel like our house constantly smells like a dirty diaper
*I havent cooked a decent dinner for my family
*The house is a never ending pit of housework
*I havent been able to spend any quality time with Stockton and I worry that he has replaced me with Daddy
*I feel like all I do is nurse a baby
*I feel lucky to shower every day. That does NOT include doing my hair or makeup
*I havent gotten more than 4 hours of sleep at night (on a GOOD night)
*I feel like I am busy all day yet nothing seems to have gotten done by the end of the day

Luckily I have a loving and supportive husband that wants to be just as involved as I am in taking care of these 2 beautiful boys. I am so lucky to get to spend all day with them. There is nothing more I could ask for!




3 comments:

Vanderlinden Clan said...

welcome to motherhood! in a weird kind of way it does get easier. don't wish this time away because there really is nothing else like it. and besides, when else do people expect your house to not be clean!?

bamatamb said...

Oh, Arin...hang in there! You sound so exhausted in this post (as, of course, is expected with a newborn!) I promise that he'll (one day) sleep for longer stretches and until then DO NOT WORRY if your house is a mess, or the family eats cereal for dinner every night! You are a great mama!! Miss you guys! :)

katwalk said...

help is on it's way so make a list of things to do. can hardly wait makes me kinda sad to see how big stockton looks like a little boy