Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Birth Story

Most of you know how badly I didnt want to be induced after the long labor I had with Stockton. I finally broke down and scheduled an induction for almost a week after Logan's due date. I had reached my limit and was so far progressed that I figured my labor would still go quickly. I was a little sad that I wouldnt get to experience that surprise of going into labor and allowing the baby to decide when he wanted to come. I had been having contractions for a couple of weeks and even had a few times that I thought, "this could be it, I better call Troy", but, of course, just when I had thrown in the towel and given up hope, Logan decided to prove me wrong. It couldnt have been better timing. Troy had just gotten all of his hours in early in the week because of overtime and we were both able to get a full nights sleep in. I woke up around 6:15 am and had a few pretty good contractions so I thought I would a shower in just in case. Once I was up and moving around, things definately got worse. And then the real kicker right after I stepped out of the shower, my water broke. We both continued to do a quick freshen up and get Stockton dressed and out the door.

Here we are leaving for the hospital. I am still feeling pretty good at this point.

By the time we got to the hospital, it had been over 2 hours since my water broke and the contractions were getting quite annoying to say the least.

I wondered why I wanted to experience this instead of just being induced, getting my epidural, and not feeling any pain.
It took them about an hour after being there to get me my epidural and I felt MUCH better.
My labor lasted between 8-9 hours and after only 30 minutes of pushing.... ...we were kissing these chubby little cheeks!

I can't believe this gigantic baby was living inside of me! I guess that explains the huge round tummy that I had.
Stockton loves playing with his teeny tiny toes.
Stockton has loved his baby brother from the very beginning and he is so gentle with him.
Logan's first bath. He didnt really enjoy it.

Kisses from Big Brother.
And kisses from Little Brother.


Luckily they had a playground right outside of our room that Stockton could play on. He spent quite a bit of time at the hospital and was just perfect the entire time.
Fat baby!

His going home outfit said, "Handsome Like Daddy". We decided after seeing how much he looks like Troy, that would be the only appropriate shirt for him to wear.
Finally going home!!

3 comments:

Ganny said...

He don't look like a newborn at all in these pictures. Hope everything is going good. you are keeping busy, huh???????

Ty and Holly said...

Logan is seriously so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It gets me excited for my little boy and I totally love that name.

Brooke said...

Such a cute family! Congratulations!