Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pictures of our new house

Hi everyone, I survived an entire week waiting to have the internet set up at our house, can you believe that?!?! It was actually kind of refreshing and I am certain that I got ALOT more done around the house than I would have if I would have had the computer as a distraction. I am willing to bet that my productivity level will decrease dramatically now that I have the internet to suck all of my time from me.

After 4 months of living in limbo with extended family, we are LOVING having a house to ourselves again and all of our stuff out of storage. That being said, I do want my sister and mother in law to know how much we REALLY APPRECIATE you guys opening your homes to us. I am sure it wasnt always easy having us around. We really enjoyed all of the quality time we were able to spend with everyone and looking back now I wish we could have spent more time doing things together.

Alot of you have been asking me to post pictures of the house so here they are...Obviously some were taken before we moved the furniture in

The Outside

The Entry way

The "formal" living room (or as I like to call it, The "Wasted Space"
You walk from the "living room" into the Great Room. The double doors off the great room are an "Extra room". It is going to be Troy's room to do with whatever he wants.
Troy's room
The opposite side of the great room is the kitchen and dining area
The great room also has a built in desk area that I LOVE
The guest bedroom is located to the right of the front door entry way. It isnt much to look at yet, but it is ready for visitors!! Jenni, I even have your bottled water and magazines as you requested! :)
There is Guest bathroom that attaches the Guest bedroom to the Great room
The first bedroom you run into upstairs is Stockton's room. We have his furniture in, but havent hung anything up yet.
Stockton's room, part 2
The Guest/Kids bathroom
Next is the Master "suite". It really is huge.
Bedroom, part 2
Master bathroom
Master bathroom, part 2
Master closet, part 1
Master closet, part 2 (Do I even need to mention how much I love the closet????)
Finally, we come to the bonus room that has the 4th bedroom attached to it. The Bonus room is going to be the play room and the bedroom is going to be my "hobby" room.
Bonus room, part 2

My "hobby" room (I guess that means I need to find some hobbies. Suggestions, anyone? I think I need to start putting my sewing machine to good use)
"Hobby" room, part 2

I could go on and on about everything I love about the house, and my list of things that I want to do in the house is endless, but all I will say is how lucky we are to be able to afford such a beautiful home. It is more house than me and Troy ever dreamed we would have. I can't believe the drastic difference in the housing market between Idaho and Utah. The cost of living in Idaho definately makes it possible for me to stay at home and spend time with my babies while Troy enjoys going to work at a job he loves. We really couldnt be luckier. Well, I guess I will be able to say that once my family follows us here!

12 comments:

sugar&sweet said...

wow...its awsome!!! i love your house...seem so big,but the best part is the masters bathroom...i can stay there the whole day...haha..
:)

bamatamb said...

Beautiful house! Your kitchen layout is almost identical to ours, and we sure love it. Also, I noticed you got the desk area that you wanted--woohoo! I'm so happy for you guys! :)

katwalk said...

very nice alot of things remind me of your old house but different so which room is mine the one to the right of the front door does that come with Dr. Pepper or do I bring my own??

Angela Okada said...

The house is amazing!

Angela Okada said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
katwalk said...

oh where's the baby's room???

Ganny said...

I do believe it looks livable. I know you will enjoy it a lot. It is beautiful.

katwalk said...

oh the 2 chairs in the wasted space look familiar did they come from smiths or fred meyer

kcooke said...

I love every bit of it! So glad you are finally in!

Texas Boy + SLC Girl said...

Arin- LOOKS BEAUTIFUL. I would LOVE to decorate that place. SO FUN!!!

Dana Marie said...

our 70's-tastic house has a built in desk, and it is totally awesome!

congrats on the new house may it quickly feel like a home!

Rebekah said...

Um - I absolutely love your house!!!!!! I can't wait to see it in person. :)