Sunday, May 17, 2009

Stockton 2.0: Before and After

Some of you have been asking for the Before and After pictures of Stockton's head and now that the swelling has gone down i took some this morning. It is amazing to see the differences.

From the top:

Here you can see how long and skinny it was and you can kind of see how it sunk in at his temples.

In this one you can see the ridge on the top of his head and how it made his forehead pop out.

Here is the after picture. It is round and no more sunk in temples or ridge! Perfect!

From the side:

You can see how the back of his head is rounded and the front of his head stuck out a little and you can almost see the ridge that goes down the side of his temple. I can see it because I know that it is there, but I don't know if you can notice it in this picture if didn't already know it is there.

I had a hard time getting a good profile picture of him so it still kind of looks like he has a big forehead even though he really doesn't. But you can tell the back is flatter and the ridge on the top and side is gone.

From the front:

You can tell how his temple look sunk in and how it makes his forehead look really big and his whole face looks kind of long and skinny.

Now his head and face looks round and full and just as cute as can be!! :)
I am so glad that we were able to do the surgery and at such a young age so we could get it corrected before it became more noticeable and, of course, to prevent any type of brain damage that could have occurred. Now he is our little upgraded Stockton 2.0! :)

9 comments:

Sarah said...

He looks great! I can't believe how quickly he has recovered! I'm so happy for you guys!

CasaJenkins said...

I am glad everything turned out okay, it always amazes how doctors do some of this operations.

Ganny said...

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! Ganny

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

WOW! I can't believe the difference. Aren't you glad that you took the before pictures.

katwalk said...

wow it's amazing they could do that before I guess I really didn't see that his head was so miss shaped but it sure looks good now the one with his tonge stuck out is cute funny his starting that so young just like his mother wish I had a dollar for every pic I have of you with your tonge stuck out

Rebekah said...

I know we've talked about this before, and yes, I'll have to look at your baby pictures Arin, but he really does look just like a mini Troy to me. Look at that expression on his face in the second to last picture. That is totally a Troy look! ha ha ha I love it! :)

Vanderlinden Clan said...

that is amazing! i can't believe the difference! he looks the same yet totally different! still super cute though.

Ty and Holly said...

He looks great. Love those last 2 photos.

Dana Marie said...

Yay! So glad it's going well. John Paul commented that the zig zag scar might be easier to hide under the hair than his straight one, not that it's noticeable any where other than right above his ears anyway. Hope it continues to go well!