Friday, May 15, 2009

It's GREAT being home...kind of

Well, we aren't at the hospital anymore, I thought that was supposed to be a good thing, right? Since we have been home Stockton has been kind of a stinker! I keep telling myself that he is adjusting to being home, but he didn't act like this while he was in the hospital so I am wondering if he was just too spoiled while he was there? Or maybe they reprogrammed his brain while they had his skull off? Whatever it is, I hope I get my baby back soon.

He wont sleep through the night anymore, I'm sure part of it is that we have to wake him up at midnight to give him his medicine. He wont just go back to sleep after we give it to him, he wants to eat like he is starving his brains out or something. Then instead of going back to sleep like you would expect, he wants to stay up and talk. Then he will go back to sleep for MAYBE a couple of hours and wake up STARVING again. Maybe we have just been spoiled all this time having a baby that slept so well and this is just a reality check, but I am still going to say NOT FAIR on this one! I want my sleep back!!

When he wakes up from naps or at night, he wakes up SCREAMING like he is having a nightmare or something. Doesnt he trust his own parents enough to know that we arent going to wake him up sticking a needle in his extremities or a thermometer where the sun dont shine? I miss his sweet little smiles when he wakes up and our fun play time before he wants to eat.

He also wants for me to be holding him constantly. Of course I would love to be able to do this, but it doesnt work out too well when you are crawling in and out of our little storage space putting away the years supply of cereal you just bought. At least I got a good leg workout squatting up and down.

One more thing that annoys me, he became a pacifier fene while we were at the hospital. Being one of his sole sources of comfort during his tramatic couple of days, he's an addict now. This also goes along with his unusual sleeping habits now, part of the time he wakes up screaming for no reason, you just go in and pop his pacifier in and he shuts right up. I miss the days of indifference to the pacy.

On the bright side, when he is awake and feeling good, he has been laughing like crazy at us. Yesterday he had me laughing so hard I couldnt stop crying. He would laugh and I would laugh, that would make him laugh more which would have the same affect on me and we just went back and forth just laughing harder and harder. So I guess it's those moments that make the bad ones seem not so bad anymore. I just hope they start coming more and more and the bad ones go away and NEVER come back! I want my precious little angel to come back soon!

3 comments:

Ganny said...

`Sounds pretty normal at your house. I have been having headaches and nothing compared to his. I want to scream too. Yep I also EAT like I am hungry!!!!! ALL the TIME. I guess my pacifier in my sewing machine. He has a reason, and I don't. GO STOCKTON!!!!!!GO love Ganny anxious for more pictures

katwalk said...

Arin it'll get better with time or maybe you were lucky to get what you had but if I had my skull cut off and put back I'ld be not so happy either it's been a week I think he is doing great I'm sure the hospital got him off his pattern didn't it mess you up too

The Nickell Family said...

Carollyn was similar after her surgery when she was 5 weeks old. It will just take a little while to get back into a rhythym. Be patient (I know, easy for me to say) but this too shall pass....trust me.