Thursday, September 25, 2008

I am starting to get obsessed...

I know there are at least 3 other things I need to post about right now that I am just being lazy about, but my sister sent me this blog address yesterday that I am just so excited about I can hardly stand it! I have always been a food storage slacker even though it is something that has always sent a panic attack through my body anytime it is mentioned. Just ask anyone in my family, I am a total worry wart about the end of the world and am totally paranoid about the need to one day have to survive amidst dire pandemonium. You would think if I felt that way since I was a child, that I would have prepared myself a little better. Well, the time has come over the past few months for me to finally get my "survival" needs together and I have been buying stuff like crazy, especially at all of the case lot sales. Well, back to the post, my sister sent me the following blog yesterday and I have been looking at it non stop! It links to her website which is even cooler. I wont even try to explain it, just check it out for yourself if you are interested. www.myfoodstoragedeals.blogspot.com It feels so good to finally feel like I will be somewhat prepared especially with the pending economic crisis and the upcoming life that I will be responsible for. Good luck getting all of your own stuff together! :)

7 comments:

The Johnson Crew said...

Arin I think I am just as paranoid as you are about the second coming. I am scared of everything. Earthquakes, tornados, floods, fires you name it. And I am just as prepared as you are. Maybe it the fear that makes us not want to buy the food. Anyways thank you for the website and I will be working on getting prepared for disaster. How is the house?

The Nickell Family said...

Arin, thanks for the information on the blog. We've really been focusing on this in our ward and at our home and this is perfect timing.

Anonymous said...

Scott and I were just talking about how good MRE's keep. Check out this website (http://www.mredepot.com/servlet/Categories?category=MRE%27s%2C+Meals+Ready+to+Eat). If you buy these, the military meals can keep up to 130 months (like 11 YEARS!!) if they're stored around 60 degrees and they're easy to pack. Scott and the girls opened one up when we were camping a few weekends ago and they actually thought they were pretty good!

wendy m said...

Remember that night when you thought the moon had turned into blood? Classic!

whitney holland. said...

I am totally with you on the fear of not being prepared! I found another website that has great food storage meals that have a shelf life of 50+ years! My stress is that I would NEVER rotate cans and stuff so I am totally going this other route! How is the house, I want to see pictures?!

p.s. If you are so worried about the world coming to an END I would think about changing your vote for this upcoming election!!! HAHA!

Zach and Erika said...

Thanks! Good info. You look great, I am excited for you!

Maria said...

Arin,
don't know if you remember me (you taught my son Braxton in primary) or not, however, I ran onto your blog again today and am so grateful that I did for this POST! It's awesome. You won't believe it, but just this morning, my husband said, "today when you find some time, could you please do some research on what other items we should get for food storage!" No joke.

Thanks again!