Friday, May 16, 2008

"Where we love is home,Home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts."

We just got back from our short visit to my home, Oklahoma. We had tons of fun just hanging out with my Ganny, my cousins, and my stepdad, and his wife. Most of our time was spent eating ourselves sick at Ganny's house or all of my favorite hometown restaurants.

When we weren't eating, we were going on walks at Ganny's house, visiting Jerry's farm and worksites, spending time with my cousins (I'm so mad I didn't get any pictures with them!), meeting up with old friends, and visiting all of my old stomping grounds.


It was so nice going home and spending time with the people that mean so much to me. I am thankful for my step dad, Jerry, for giving us so many good memories and for loving us like his own kids. I am thankful to Ganny for taking care of us and giving us a stable environment and a place that will always be home.


8 comments:

Brooke said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I'm glad you were able to go back and visit.

Ganny said...

It was indeed a good few days. I sure enjoyed having you guys.. Love ganny

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

I am so homesick looking at this. We have to go in October! I love the last quote about your heart never leaving home. What a great place to grow up. I miss Jerry!

The Johnson Crew said...

Looks like a fun place. It makes me want to go and visit your home town. The J&W Grill looks yummy!

Leeshie Lou said...

Arin it looks like yall had a GREAT time!!! Hope all is going well for you!

Dana Marie said...

I can't believe you changed the side bar to say Fibby!! if I didn't really love you I'd be mad... lol!!

Rebekah said...

I'm so glad you're home - now post something new. :)

wendy m said...

I love these pics! Where was the one of Troy and Ganny taken? It's cool to see places that I've been too. Even Jerry's place even though I only went there once. That was a great summer! I'm going back over the Fourth of July I'll make sure to take pics. It's kind of weird, though, because none of my fam lives where they used to. Since I'm not working, I think I'll be going back more often and I'm pretty flexible so we should try to go at the same time!