Friday, April 18, 2008

When did this happen??

Isac, when did you go from being my sweet little baby nephew to this smart, grown up 10 year old??!!!




Today is my nephew, Isac's, 10th birthday! I can't believe how this time has flown by! Isac is my special little nephew that I was lucky enough to live with, help take care of, and watch grow up for a majority of his life and he seems like more of a little brother to me than a nephew. I know I don't get to spend as much time with him as I used to, but I want him to know that having him in my life has been one of the best blessings Heavenly Father has ever given me. I love him so much and I am grateful for the chance I have had to be his aunt. He just needs to stop growing up so fast!! It is funny because last week while I was going through stuff while packing I found a poem that I wrote back in high school after he was born. I thought it was so funny to read and also brought back a million memories from so long ago. I thought it would be fun to share. For all you writers out there, you can't make fun of my poor writing skills...I was only fifteen! :)

The Miracle of Life
The most amazing thing that I've ever witnessed took place when I was fifteen
I was awakened one Saturday morning by the sound of my sister's voice saying my name.
Selfishly I ignored her voice, trying to enjoy the pleasures of my own sleep
Although my brain was fogged I heard her make the call that meant it was time to go to the hospital.
After the rush of getting things ready to go we started on our way to Oklahoma City
We arrived and they got her settled in her room and prepared her for what was soon to come.
Thus begun "The Wait"; We were all nervous and excited for what had been anticipated for nine months.
Finally, after eight long hours of seeing my sister in pain, the moment had arrived
Joined by Chris, my Mom, and my other sister, Amy began giving birth to her son.
My dreams of ever having children were shattered after observing the head of my unborn nephew.
Contraction after contraction, push after push she successfully delivered her healthy baby into the world.
"He's here, he's really here. I can't believe it.", I thought in astonishment as we all stared in awe of the reality.
Ignoring the doctor's orders to get his blood circulating, we all stood and marveled at this wonderful creation.
Things settled down and order was restored as little Isac was passed from Mom to Dad to Wee-ma and then to his new aunt.
As I held my precious newborn newphew in my arms, I realized that I had just experienced the greatest miracle of all...The Miracle of Life.
-Arin Walker

3 comments:

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

What a nice little trbute to the birthday boy. Even though your poem is a little cheesy, I think that it really brings back memories coming from your perspective at that time. Isac has been very lucky to have you in his life. Thanks for everything you do!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. But I have to say that is a pretty good poem for a 15 year old. I bet your nephew is happy to have his birth experience documented thanks to Aunt Arin! :)

Rozalyn said...

I would love to do a combined party with you and Angela, just let me know when you want to do it!