Monday, April 14, 2008

I left my heart in San Francisco...again!


Well, San Francisco was amazing just like it has always been. We added a fun twist to the trip two days before we left, I decided to bring our 15 year old niece, Marissa, with me for the girls part of the weekend. It was so much fun sharing San Francisco with her and having some fun bonding time! She is just an awesome girl and has alot to offer everyone around her! The first few days with the girls were spent doing an unbelievable amount of SHOPPING! Some of the highlights of the trip include: shopping everywhere, eating at In-N-Out Burger, Fisherman's Wharf, walking through the neighborhoods and seeing all the cool homes, Lombard Street, taking a ferry to Sausilito, Chinatown, riding the cable cars, eating at Dottie's (most amazing cafe EVER!), enjoying the Marriott, and, my personal favorite, doing ALOT of people watching! Some note worthy things we saw: a woman helping her little daughter peeing on the side of the street, a woman yelling at us to take the next elevator b/c it was too full, men dressed as women, a woman stealing Marissa's bathroom stall and telling her, "Oh, Sweetie, I've gotta go!", alot of weird street people, two bums throwing punches over a Carl's Jr. breakfast sandwich, the frozen fish bins in Chinatown...many more things that I can't think of right now. It was nice after the girls left and I was able to spend the days cat napping and watching TV while Troy worked. It was such a fun trip and I was so happy to get to spend it with so many of my favorite people, even if I did spend way too much money on new clothes. After almost a week in the hustle & bustle and weird smells of the city, I was definately ready to come home and enjoy a little breathing room again. Now I get to look forward to moving and going home to Oklahoma!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like tons of fun! At least you guys had beautiful weather too. When Ty and I went it was freezing cold and cloudy.

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun...it brings back memories. I wish I could have gone but I am glad you took Marissa...what a good aunt you are!

Kimberly said...

What a fun trip. I am so jealous that you got to eat at In-N-Out. That is one of the things I miss most about California. I love the emergency phones if you are thinking about jumping off the bridge, too funny.