Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Not a baby anymore

In case anyone still thought I had a baby boy, you were wrong.  And this picture proves it.

 Am I right, or what?  There is nothing about this boy that says "baby" to me. Except, of course, when there is another baby around that might need my attention.  In that case, he has no problem crying and wanting to be the baby.  Otherwise, Logan wants nothing to do with being little.  As far as he is concerned, he is just one of the grown ups.  He proved this by weaning himself off of his pacifier at 16 months by biting through all 6 of them in a matter of 2 days.  And just this past week he boycotted sleeping in his crib and has been sleeping in a big boy bed without any problems.

Here are some of his 18 month highlights:

-He loves superheroes already.  If he ever gets to choose a movie to watch its BuzzLightyear, Incredibles, Superman, or any other show that he can put on his cape and pretend to fly.
-He is talking a little, but not a whole lot.  He will say Mama, Daddy, all done, ears, juice, night night (nigh-nigh), hi, bye, hot and probably a few others that I can't recall off the top of my head.  He will sign more, all done, down, help, bye bye and will nod his head yes and no.
-His favorite foods are bananas, juice, Costco energy bars, french fries, and anything that the main ingredient is sugar.  He doesn't care much for eggs or meat most of the time.
-Even though he can say "Daddy" he finds it funnier anytime we ask him to say it to smile and in his best Gremlin voice says "Mama".
-He loves playing with Mom, wrestling with Stockton and Dad, and climbing on anything possible.  All of these activities seem to eventually lead to him whacking his top heavy noggin on something.  I swear someone will eventually call Social Services on us because of the constant bruises he has on his head and face.
-His love of reading is finally blossoming, but only if the book involves trucks, trains, or animals that growl or roar.




I sure do love the fun, non-stop attitude this little turd has.  I especially love it when he takes a break from his busy play schedule to give me the sweetest hug and kiss a Mom could ask for.  And lately, I sure love how when I tell him to smile, I get this face.....





3 comments:

bamatamb said...

What a doll! And that photo with the umbrellas is to die for! I love it! :)

Sarah said...

Agreed, that umbrella picture rocks. Love that bit about how he won't say daddy. Funny kid.

Heatherlyn said...

He's so cute! And ... just wait until he turns 13 and you will look back and REALLY wonder where your baby went. It happens fast. I always loved the stage when they were happy with a super-hero movie and a cape ... and a few cars!