Monday, July 20, 2009

My new hobby is SEW much fun!!

Yes, I do think that is possibly the cheesiest thing I have ever said, but how else was I supposed to start this post??? Thanks to the help of my super talented sister, Jen, and friend, Cami, I have tapped into a crafty side of my brain that I never even knew existed. I have been putting my sewing machine to use and have made some fun stuff so far...

A pillow case to match Stockton's new quilt:
A cute little ball for Stockton to play with:
And a precious little dress for my niece, Emily:
I really have been having fun with it even though I never thought it would have been in my personality. Next on my list: new curtains and plastic bag holder for the trailer. Stay tuned...

6 comments:

Cami said...

Awww, the dress is so cute. You did a great job! Wasn't it so easy! I can't wait for the next project.

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

Wow...who knew. I can't wait for Emily to wear the dress and Mack said he wants you to hook him up with one of those balls.

The Nickell Family said...

Very cute! I'm the same way...I did the softball banner this season and it didn't turn out half bad.

Have fun!

Ty and Holly said...

I get so obsessed with sewing too. I love the stuff you made. You will have to teach me how you made that ball so I can make one for Liv. Your yard looks great too!

Vanderlinden Clan said...

wow! i'm impressed! the dress is adorable! watch out though this is a habit that will suck all your time and resources. i guess it could be worse though. :)

Ganny said...

well well, now you are sure on the right fun track. It is definitely in our blood from many generations back. Right now I don't have any shirt orders, and I am almost having withdrawal symptoms. After I get this danged yard stuff done I HATE IT!!!!!!I am starting a new project of some kind.AND it will take place in my sewing room. Have fun... Love Ganny